Changes made from V009 to V012:
- Vertex mode added. Now you can alter each vertex on the world. Invoke vertex mode using key '.' on any part of keyboard. You can select/deselect vertices using mouse click or lasso tool (just draw lasso). Vertex moving on selection is performed using Ctrl key. All polygons containing wertex that is moved are automatically trianglularized. You can also merge two or more vertices. All selected vertices will collapse into last selected vertex after merging (M). Note that lasso selecting can be also used to select entities.
- You can enter/exit (toggle) free flying mode using Esc key. In free fly mode, you can fly arround using mouse, mouse keys and keyboard keys: W,S,Q,E,R or Space, F. You can also use arrows and mouse for navigation. Use mouse wheel to double or halve speed of moving (mouse wheel up/down). There are many standard keys available in free fly mode, like: toggle shadow (H), hiding/showing selected secors and entities, toggling selection marking (`), link displaying (G), storing/restoring of viewver position, changing of rendering settings (keys 1-0) on both numeric and standard part of keyboard.
Spawn flags for level
- Now you can use 'World settings dialog' to define type of your level, is it supposed to be available in deathmatch, cooperative, single player ... Dialog also enables you to give name to your level. This name should application utilitizing Serious Editor display to user in 'Start custom level' menu as the name of the level.
New way to invoke info screen
- You don't have to enter info mode any more to be able to see information on selected item(s). Just point with a mouse to it and press I. That will display info as long as you hold down the key.
- Now you can easily cut selected polygons or sectors using one plane. Select polygon(s) or sector(s) that is target of your splitting. Enter cut mode using Ctrl+X. In cutting view, hold LMB and drag to define cut line. You can modify cut line by adjusting positions of two control points. You can exit cut mode using same shortcut or apply cut operation along defined line using Enter.
- Gradient marker is entity that can be used to define gradiental lightning (either as dark light or as illuminating one). World base contains pointers to gradient markers. If world base points to a certain gradient marker, polygons of that entity can be assigned to be lightened by gradient defined that marker. After world base and shadow gradeint are conneceted, name of the gradient can be browsed using gradient combo box on shadow page of info window. These markers are used to create vertical shadow gradients thus simulating radiosity behaviour of light in a room. This way you can easily define darker shadows beneath roofs or emanating areas over lava. Gradients are defined using height and two colors.
Usage of mouse wheel (MW)
- Mouse wheel can be used for many different things. In free fly mode, use it to double/halve speed of moving. Use Ctrl+MW to toggle modes. In polygon mode use it for browsing trough selected polygons. In entity mode use it for browsing trough entities selected in volume. Also, use Ctrl+Shift+MW to auto select previous/next property or just Shift+MW to select fist previous/next empty target property.
New way to work with volume
- Volume is kind of entity container. You can visually define area of space occupied by 'green box' visible in volume mode (V). In volume mode, you can 'feed' this volume with all entities inside green box. If you invoke select entities dialog, you will be able to toggle working with entities in world and working with entities in volume. In entity mode, you can directly 'feed' volume by currently selected entities using key F. You can also instantly select all entities from volume using Ctrl+A. Mouse wheel is used to circle trough entities in volume.
- You can 'tweak' visibility using this feature. Pretender is a portal that becomes opaque instead of transparent, and stops adding sector behind it after certain distance. This way you can cut off part of level and create texture that will render instead of it. Portals become pretenders after distance that can be defined on polygon page of info window. Distance is given in meters. If it is 0, portal isn't pretender. This feature can be applied only for portals.
New selecting shortcuts
- There are two new types of shortcuts used for selecting. Each shortcut acts according to current mode. Ctrl+A selects: all entities in volume (in entity mode), all entities in selected sector or sector under mouse (in sector mode), all polygons in sector (in polygon mode), all vertices in polygon(s) (in polygon mode). Another shortcut, Ctrl+Alt+A, is used to select all members in certain mode and to switch to next mode. This way, you can select all sectors in selected entities (in entity mode), all polygons in selected sectors (in sector mode), all vertices in selected polygons (in polygon mode). For example, If you select an entity and press Ctrl+Alt+A three times, you will be in vertex mode and will have all vertices from that entity selected.
Other minor changes:
- - increased number of available gravity marker pointers in world base entity
- select any number of polygons and request displace map exporting for occupied checquered area
- you can set stairs flag for polygons, to define specific smooth translation of player over stairs
- now you can define any texure or color filling polygon modes for isometric views
- copy/paste (Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V) in polygon mode doesn't copy all polygon properties any more, it just copies texture properties
- hiding and showing opearations are now available also for entities. Shortcuts are the same as for sectors
- smooth scroll of thumbnails and icons for changing display type are added to browsing window
- in entity mode, Ctrl+E is used for selecting clones, Ctrl+Shift+E for selecting entities of the same class,
- in polygon mode, F is used for invoking filter polygons dialog
- you can re-triangularize two selected triangles (context menu, polygon mode)
- system is implemented that rejects most of the entities as possible targets thus not adding them to target combo box
- light class is modified to enable animation of both ambient and diffuse components of light
- when Serious Sam application is started, it automaticly finds all custom levels and adds them to "Start custom level menu"
- there are new console commands available that can be used to change rendering preferences during game testing
- there is ability to execute script for a shortcut from Serious Editor. Available shortcuts are F2,F3,F4 and Mouse 3
- Serious Modeler: ability to recursivly render axis of all attachments
- Serious Modeler: ability to simulate translation of model along z-axis
- Serious Modeler: .map file is now automaticly saved, containing information about model (attachments, collision,...)