Changes made from V008 to V009:
- Terrain primitive now automaticly generates detail polygons, auto-sets side polygons to be portals, and has ability to generate rougher mip brushes. New terrain primitive is generated much faster than the old one.
Occluder flag for polygons
- Ability to define occluder polygons. Polygon property page of info window has check box for setting occluder flag. Setting of this flag automaticly clears portal and detail flags, and sets don't cast shadow flag. Engine's visibility algorythm will not add sector behind occluder to further rendering. This polygon acs just like the wall except that it is not rendered. Great for adjusting visibility.
- SED now has ability to work with virtual clones. All entities with same names are considered as clones. All af the clone's childs entities are involved in cloning operation. Select one clone entity, change it and choose update clones. SED will delete all clones and their child entities and will replace them with new ones. Old clones will be deleted and source clone will be copied to their positions. Clones will also have source clone's child entities. This way you can have many columns that are clones (have same name), and you change shape or texture on one of them. Select modified one and apply 'Update clones' operation. All clones will look like source clone. It is also very useful to work with clones and their child entities. You can add a torch model, fire model, sound and light to a column source, set child-parent links (column is parent) and update clones. All clones should now have lights, sound, fire... Very useful feature.
Deselecting polygons by orientation with mouse
- Ability to use mouse (Ctrl+Shift+LMB or RMB) for deselecteing or leaving selected polygons according to their orientation.
Delete entities in browse entities dialog
- Ability to delete entities while in browse entity dialog.
Automatized shadow discarding
- When brush is moved, its polygons must discard their shadow map. This process is now automatized.
Zoning and ancored flags
- When brush is created using join layers operation, it appears as non-zoning and non-anchored brush. Only first brush in the world is zoning and anhored (not moveable nor deleteable until angored operations are enabled).
Mip brush swith distance in meters
- Mip brush switch distance is now easily editable and controlable. Distance is measured in meters (not in mip factor any more). Edit box added to mip brushing tool bar that enables easy swith distance setting.
- Serious modeler can export mapping for skinning purposes. You can select surface colors, wire frame and surface numbers exporting.
Other minor changes:
- - ability to select entity and its descendants with LMBx2
- moving of zoning entities (water or lava contents can be raised or lowered)
- ability to select portals that link to this sector and ability to select sectors that are linked trough this portal
- Serious Modeler: rendering of surface colors enabled in mapping mode
- Serious Modeler: synchronized animation start for main model and its attachments